Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Stooks

This is not a common sight: in fact I don't think I've ever seen stooks in real life before. But apparently historically authentic approaches to all kinds of business are popular in the South Island. We saw stooks in at least two different and widely dispersed parts of the Island.

OK, that is the last holiday snap. I'm home now, and will have to create interesting posts from my immediate surroundings. This will include some exciting new books that I can't wait to get stuck into... reflections on my new career as a cafe cook... lots of gardening and harvesting and preserving... photos and anectodes about the smelly dogs and silly chooks, stray cats and bad rabbits who share the garden... and lots more. Perhaps even a look back at the highlights of my first year as a blogger (the first posts went live on 12 January 2005). Keep reading, dear readers, and an especially big hello to all the new friends I met on my holiday who eagerly opened their computers during dinner parties to bookmark this blog!

No comments: