Tuesday, October 05, 2010

A spring sketch crawl

Storm battered poppies in ink

It's been ages since I've been to a sketch crawl. The WSA has taken over the organisation so competently that they've been trundling on throughout the winter quite nicely thank you very much; while I've been staying home and keeping warm. But last Saturday was such a perfect warm Spring day and I couldn't resist an excuse to be outside in pretty Parana Park. The Waikato River is still very high, up and over the banks and flooding the footpath in places.

Every time we moved to a new sketching spot I chose a different type of pen or pencil. I had carelessly brought along the journal that is almost finished so I ran out of pages after an hour or so and then had a snooze in the sun.

My best sketches were of flowers, but I also drew boats, butterflies, people, lichen and an aeroplane on a plinth.


Red hot pokers rendered in a novelty multicoloured pencil souvenir from the Cairns Regional Gallery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful sketches Meliors. I had noted the sketch crawl but had a visitor who was not a bit interested and I felt I couldn't leave! Bother. Never mind.

Carol said...

Beautiful, Meliors, very soft and gentle. i like them both.