Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My sick day in Town

The good news is that my dear little Lola (10 yo toyota corolla) passed her WOF on first try! Hooray. While she did that I went and got an impulsive haircut cos I felt too crappy to go to yoga. Mmmmm head massage, and now my neck doesn't hurt from carrying 10 tonnes of hair around (don't worry, those of you who care, its still long, just thinned and layered). It doesn't look so crash-hot but I don't really care because it won't take two hours to dry.

Then, because I hadn't eaten for 24 hours I felt too weak to do any more errands in the rain so went to visit Ash at the soon-to-be Cafe Narnia. They've been pestering to look at my recipe books for ages so I schlepped those in and we spent many a happy hour salivating over cake concepts and discussing how to make dairy-free food that appeals to non-vegans.

After that I not only felt weak but also hungry too so off to the local sushi bar, with some trepidation, for miso soup and plain rice. Yum and that has stayed pretty stable for the last couple of hours and I'm hungry again so maybe I'm getting better. Just to be on the safe side I stocked up on library books (with lots of pictures in case I continue to not feel like reading) and DVDs so that if I do keep being sick I don't have to be bored too.

Thanks to readers who have posted wishes for my health, they are graciously appreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

zydeco fish said...

What's a WOF?

Meliors Simms said...

WOF is Warrant of Fitness- a legally required six month check on a bunch of safety related features of all cars. I'm used to owning nasty old beat up vehicles which inevitably require work to bring them up to scratch to pass this check.

zydeco fish said...

Wow, Warrant of Fitness. It sounds so upscale. I gather it's what we call a Safety Check.

rachlovestheweb said...

Hum passed her WOF this week too!!