Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Renegade Craft Fair

I stumbled onto this website yesterday, only to be filled with envy. The Renegade Craft Fair is a newish event in Chicago, and now Brooklyn, USA. The organisers describe it as an

"edgy DIY event showcasing a ton of the coolest crafts from all over the country... other fairs seemed to stuffy so we just decided to start our own... we wanted to set our event apart from traditional craft fairs by tapping into the established DIY craft movement that already had a presence online and in indie magazines, but had yet to reach the public thu a festival setting."

Their website has lots of links to funky, hip, artisans and craftspeople whose work is ironic, stylish, idiosyncratic and original. Oh, for a Renegade Fair in Whangarei...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh- I just put it in my calendar and I'll be going!! I'll let you know how it is!

Meliors Simms said...

Great! Please let me know what you think of it, what catches your eye, who is there and what they are buying... thanks