Monday, May 30, 2005

Glorious Rain

Its raining so much at the moment that we should be shipping these soggy clouds over to Sydney to break their drought.
It's raining so much that my water tank gushes a fountain out its overflow spout pretty much most of the time.
It's raining so much that the cows look like they are wearing knee boots made of mud.
It's raining so much that when I last went out for a walk, all the stepping stones in the creek were under water and I got wet to the ankles.
It's raining so much and is still so warm that you can see the grass growing visibly from day to day.
It's raining so much that when the drops do stop banging on my tin roof I hear an unfamiliar sound that I think might be water rushing along ditches where it has only dawdled until now.
It's raining so much that it rains even while the sun is shining, making for wonderful rainbows.
It's raining so much that I can confirm with enormous pleasure that my little cottage is quite snug and dry, warm as toast with the fire going and with no sign of damp creeping up into my stacks of paper.

No comments: