Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dream camera






Last night I dreamt that I was visiting a friend who seemed to be a combination of several longtime and newer friends from my waking life (Fiona, Sharkey, Joellen, Greta) rolled into one wonderfully eccentric woman.







Her city apartment, shared with husband and two children, was a messy punk wonderland, with interesting tableaux of artifacts in various niches, paintings on the ceiling, an aquarium full of junk instead of fish... all facinating. I made a point of sleeping in every room while I was staying there and I took photographs with my camera. Before I left for the big festival I was on my way to, I vacuumed their house, enjoying that lovely crackling sound as the vacuum draws up dirt of real substance.






When I woke up I remembered the dream well enough to write it down and then I forgot about it until this afternoon, when I was loading some new book photos onto the computer. These dreamy pictures came too.













I'm leaving the beautiful studio/fairytale turret in Paekakariki in a couple of days, and had impulsively taken these pictures today to farewell this lovely resting place on my soul's journey.

No comments: