Monday, February 14, 2005

The book of life

I had lots of dreams last night... about Wellington and people I hardly knew there... about Nicola my old RC buddy who lives not far from here... and best of all about the book of my life.

Unsurprisingly (to me anyway) it was quite a technical dream about how the book is structured and bound. Each day a single loose page is added to the binding as I live it. There is no way to flick ahead in this book and see what is going to happen next, though there are sections where routine will predict the shape of days or weeks to come. And the way the pages are sewn to the spine is loose, without any knots, so that pages from the distant past often fall off and away out of memory. This dream made me feel very happy when I woke up, and also helped me to solve a book-planning challenge I have been mullling for some weeks.

1 comment:

rachlovestheweb said...

I can't wait to see it, it sounds like your creative juices are flowing up there in the North!