Friday, April 22, 2005

Auckland's bottleneck

The vivid memory of my long communion with the sunrise proved invaluable for coping with the crawl down the bottleneck of Auckland motorways between 4 and 5.30pm. The reason I was so foolish as to let myself get entangled in the rush hourS was that I delayed the start of my drive South so as to connect with the Mobile Library on its monthly visit to Purua School. It was worth it as my delight in the experience continues.

Glenn the librarian had brought interesting CDs and books based on my requests last time which, together with my browsing added considerably to the load I am driving to Wellington. But the biggest thrill was being invited, by one of the other library users, to come along to the Country Women's Institute meeting next month! I'm so excited that I will meet more locals, and finally get to see inside the old Purua Hall.

1 comment:

zydeco fish said...

Did I mention that my wife is from Auckland? She's been in Canada ten years. My best friend, coincidentally, moved to Auckland a few years ago.